Spearheaded by a successful educational leader in Rwanda, Happy Hearts is an international Montessori school, accredited by the American Montessori Society (AMS). Our Preschool offers an unprecedented combination of high-quality education at an accessible cost. What sets us apart from other preschools is that every single aspect of Happy Hearts has been especially designed to maximize the unlocking of each child’s potential. It encourages every student to develop at his or hers own pace within a well-ordered environment where he or she can find all the Montessori materials at children's eyes level.
At our Preschool children learn in a small group allowing for more one-to-one interaction. Our experienced Montessori teachers have exceptional communication skills, emotional intelligence and passion for their job which ensures that your child is effectively nurtured. They are educated to become confident and enthusiastic for self-directed learning !
Moreover, Happy Hearts is proud to be a complete bilingual Daycare, based on English and French. For example, a French speaking teacher will make a presentation using French on Monday, then the English speaking teacher will do it using English on Tuesday. It means that your child will be exposed to both languages at every single moment of the day: the absorbent mind of a child can easily process more than his or her mother tongue, especially if he or she has been immersed in different languages during his or her early childhood. We believe that it's a opportunity given to the students to prepare for a lifetime of language learning.
The Happy Hearts curriculum is based on the Montessori philosophy. We have chosen to follow this educational approach because it allows children to learn at their own pace and experience by themselves. It enhances creativity and curiosity as the child will find its own way and then ask teachers for help when needed.
The Montessori preschool classroom is a "living room" for children. Children choose their work from among the self-correcting materials displayed on open shelves, and they work in specific work areas. Over a period of time, the children develop their ability in working with high concentration and few interruptions.
The Preschool includes six main categories of activities:
- Practical life enhances the development of organization and order.
- The sensorial area enables the child to classify sensory impressions in relation to length, width, temperature, mass, color, pitch, etc.
- Mathematics makes use of manipulative materials to enable the child to internalize concepts of number, symbol, sequence, operations, and memorization of basic facts.
- Basic skills in writing and reading are developed through the use of sandpaper letters, alphabet cut-outs, and various presentations allowing children to link sounds and letter symbols.
- Cultural activities expose the child to basic geography, history, music, art and life sciences.
- Activities and games are designed to help support muscle development, coordination and manipulative skills allowing Preschoolers to master basic skills such as walking, running, hopping, jumping, kicking and balancing.
The preschool environment unifies the psycho-social, physical, and academic functioning of the child.
Admission and enrollment
Our academic year starts in early September.
You are welcome to visit us at anytime to learn more about our school, get to know our team and see our beautiful garden. Please contact us to schedule a suitable time.
As per Montessori teaching approach principles, our children are all studying together in our great open classroom. The age group is from 3 to 5 years old.